Thursday, December 28, 2006

God Bless President Ford








President Ford has passed away and our country has gone into mourning for his loss and is also remembering him for all the good he did in our country while he was president. Although I hadn't been born yet when he was president, he did a phenomenal job at leading our country out of some pretty rough times. That is worth remembering and reflecting on. If a nation doesn't remember its history, history is likely to repeat itself. The next generation must learn about it to prevent the mistakes from happening again. Although I don't agree with the former President Ford's view of the current war, I do believe he was an effective and prominent leader in his short 2 1/2 year term. I don't intend to go into it now... I will leave that to the media...

The media is crawling all over the Ford Museum here in Grand Rapids, MI. After working at the station yesterday, I decided to go check out all the media coverage at the Ford Museum b/c how often does something like this come around...? Saw all the media trucks. The only national media outlet I saw was FoxNews - which is the one I wanted to see anyway. (I think it was the Fox News Channel, but it was hard to distiguish it from Fox17.) The others were the locals - WZZM, Fox17, WOODTV, WWMT 3, and then a couple out of town media outlets - one from Detroit and another ABC outlet. When I went last night, the reporters and camera crew were all set up in a semi-circle about a hundred feet from the entrance to the Ford Museum. I went in the museum lobby and signed the Condolence Book, then I kind of wandered around a little outside. I thought it was interesting since I've never seen media coverage like this live and in person. I MAY have made it on national TV as they were taping while I was there - it was around the 5:30-6pm news time. But, I'll never know... I can just say I did... LOL :D

Then I went and checked it out again around noon today and saw the same thing. I highly recommend seeing the memorial that is set up. Very nice and a once in lifetime thing to see. The burial is set for next week Wednesday on the hillside of the Ford Museum here in Grand Rapids, MI. What an honor for us.

The pics above:

The 1st is inside the lobby signing the condolence book.
The 2nd is of Ford's burial site on the north side of the museum.
The 3rd is of line and the Ford Museum.
The 4th & 5th are of the Memorial Site at the Ford Museum sign on Pearl ST.

God bless America and God bless President Gerald R. Ford.

No comments: