Sunday, December 17, 2006

Learned a lot this weekend...

I've learned a lot this past Thursday night and this past weekend. I learned from working with Walt, who's still single and just a tad older than me, and also from working with a colleague of mine this weekend, that God is using those who are single in ways they could not serve Him if they were in a relationship with someone. I've realized this before, but lately it's been tough emotionally for me to be single. I've been wondering why I either haven't found Mr. Right or why I haven't really been asked out by a marriage-material type of guy yet. Then I overheard the other nurses in my room talking about the men in their lives, who they're dating or going to marry, and I started to feel sorry for myself. But then thru the course of the weekend, God opened my eyes to see that He is using me in ways that I can only be used if I'm single. He opened my eyes to realize that I need to relish this season of singleness, stop feeling sorry for myself, and ENJOY IT! I need to live in the JOY of the LORD for only He can fill this void in my life! As I've begun to accept this more freely and have stopped dwelling on the guys I wish would ask me out, I'm accepting the fact that being single has so many doors and windows of opportunity. There are so many things that I can do and allow God to do thru me as a single person verses being in a relationship with someone. Honestly, I feel that God has used me as a single person in ways that I never dreamed or imagined He would in this last year and a half. And He continues to use me and my openness to His will. His peace is filling me in over an abundance as I accept His will in my life. I am open to Him and willing to follow His leading. And I will continue to say, "God never ceases to amaze me!" b/c it's been an amazing adventure already!!!

No comments: