Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Now feeling like a chipmunk...

Now I'm feeling like a chipmunk or perhaps like one of the many squirrels JB had seen while he was hunting :). I'm also starting to feel like I got shot in the cheeks, back bottom gums and left side of my tongue now that the local anesthetic is starting to wear off. I think the left side is going to be the most painful, at least that's what it seems right now. The nurse told me that the roots were really close to the nerves, but I don't know if there were any problems getting them out b/c the Dr. didn't say anything about it. He just said that everything went well.

Looking back, I realize now that I was totally out of it during the whole procedure, and I'm very thankful for that. I'd recommend that cocktail to anyone! LOL It was Propofol, Valium and a small amount of Versed. I was really fighting them to not use Versed b/c of how I've heard and seen how people behave after their procedures when that is used as the main anesthetic - they act extremely drunk and loose and completely out of the norm for quite some time. So after hearing my concerns, the Dr. said he'd use the smallest amount of Versed. That I'm thankful for b/c it took only a couple hours to wear off. My head has cleared now, and I don't feel drunk anymore. I can move w/o wobbling or holding onto anything now. Yea! I can pass the test of walking in a straight line :) All that's out of the norm is the pain and fatness feeling in my cheeks. Fortunately I still have some numbness from my chin to my cheeks to my ears to help w/ the pain. When that wears off, I don't know. I think drugs will be my best friend for a while - ibuprofen and acetaminophen.

Haven't watched Pirates II yet, but that and some Tommy & Brook Fudgey Monkey ice cream is on the agenda for tonight! (And from what I hear, Culver's is serving it again on Saturday - a must try for those who haven't had it yet! I luv it!)

No comments: