Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Feeling Drunk...

Yeah, the one and only time I will probably have this feeling - I hope. I just got all four of my wisdom teeth pulled out at about 12:15pm today. Wasn't going to do the IV sedation, but the Dr. talked me into it. I'm glad I did. I was in and out of it. It was VERY nice. Got doped up on Valium, Propofol and a tiny bit of Versed. Propofol is a wonderful thing. I didn't feel anything - not even the 16 shots. The Dr. was talking to me about my job as a NICU nurse and then the work I do for WCSG as he was giving me the "laughing gas" and the IV sedation - it was all I could do to TRY to answer him. Then I was gone. No matter how much I tried to fight the sleep, I just couldn't answer him much more past a couple sentences. My head was so fogged at the time. It was a nice sleep though. I woke up and he said that they were almost done. Very nice. Then I felt drunk, foggy and sleepy afterwards. But my head is nicely clearing - as evidenced that I came home and jumped on AIM right away.

Now, I'm off to chill out and watch Pirates of the Caribbean II: Dead Man's Chest. Just bought the 2 disc edition last night for today. Should be a good time :)

No comments: