Friday, December 8, 2006

Volleyball!

Well, my cousin played an awesome volleyball game yesterday afternoon. They played their huge rival school and lost. It was so sad, b/c both teams played so well. My cousin is an awesome volleyball player already and she's only in 8th grade! Her season is done next week :`( Then next year it's high school! She will play for South Christian and they have already scouted her out. They were bummed when they found out she was only in 8th grade b/c they really wanted her to play for them this year. Man, I can't wait to watch her play next year at South. I hope I can go to every game! Sounds like she is going to play softball this year, but that means I have to wait till spring and my brother is going to play baseball this year as well. It's going to be a busy spring, but I have to get thru winter first!!!


I'm still looking like a squirrel. Keep me out of the crosshairs, please JB! I know how you have a tendency to find squirrels instead of deer and that makes me nervous :O. LOL. I took myself off the pain meds and doing okay. I took the last ibuprofen last night at 9p and haven't taken anything since. I am a little tender but it's tolerable. Planning to work the weekend, so we'll see how that goes. I'll be keeping the pain meds handy just in case.

Caiden had another eye exam yesterday and it showed a couple seeds in the left eye that are hanging on, but we are believing that they are dead. The seeds may have been there before b/c he had a hemorrhage in that eye awhile back. Now that the blood is drying up, the Dr. can see more of what's in the eye - which includes these seeds. We are praying that they are dead. The oncologist is leaning more towards thinking they are dead b/c a study that he heard about in Japan of a similar situation where they actually removed the eye and then tested the residual seeds. The residual seeds were found to be dead. Praise GOD! We believe this to be true for Caiden. The Dr. ended up doing local chemo injections to this left eye to be sure they are dead. He also wants to do one more systemic chemo treatment after this one. We were hoping this was going to be the last one, but since these seeds have hung around, the Dr. wants to be sure they are obliterated. We are believing and proclaiming that CAIDEN IS HEALED PERFECTLY IN JESUS' NAME!!!

So that's what been happening over here! Luving the sun but not the cold weather! That wind was so cold last night! But my grandma and I had a good time eating out at Russ' anyway! Oh, and going to Walgreen's for batteries ;)

No comments: