Sunday, February 4, 2007

Blizzard 2007


My drive into work Saturday morning at 6:20am was the scariest drive I have ever done. Went about 25-35mph the whole way in on the highway that morning. I felt like I was Laura Ingalls Wilder on Little House on the Prairie - out in the middle of nowhere on my sleigh in a blizzard. I couldn't see much more than 1-5 feet in front of me at any given time till I hit downtown GR. And no, I don't own a cellphone. Thank you to WaYfm and WCSG to help keep me calm as I drove to and from work both Saturday and Sunday. But most importantly, thank you God for safety on the roads. His angels surrounded my car the entire time for protection. Tonight, the highway was very sleek. At first I couldn't tell why I was sliding all over the road, even though I was going straight and slow. I started looking for wind, but I then realized it was black ice that was causing me to feel like my wheels were slipping beneath me. Please BE CAREFUL and drive SLOW! And don't let anyone in front of you b/c they just kick up the dusty snow and your visibility drops to ZERO!

No comments: