Thursday, February 1, 2007

The Battle Rages On...

Sometimes life just sucks you know...? Why does it have to be so hard...? I guess that's what draws us closer to Christ to rely on Him solely for our strength.

As you can tell, the news wasn't good this AM from Caiden's eye exam. On the upside, the tumors in the left eye had shrunk significantly. The right eye, which had been completely clear, had 2 new tumors in them. They are very small and can be controlled with laser, local chemo injections and cryotherapy. That is the plan - to continue with local treatments till the cancer is completely gone. Caiden cannot receive anym more systemic chemo b/c he's reached his max on that. They determined that as long as these local treatments are working, we can continue to fight. Hope is NOT gone! Prayer and the healing hand of God is our best weapon period.

It was the coolest thing... Darci always goes back with Caiden to get him prepped for the exam. She said she was praying and saying Scripture over Caiden as she was settling him in, and she looked up and saw the doctor praying off to the side. God is amazing. This doctor is a man of God. He is being challenged spiritually in this case just at we are. I have a lot of respect for this man. He has such an amazing heart. Darci told him after receiving the report from Caiden's eye exam that hope is not gone. He said to her, "I'm glad you are being strong for all of us b/c when I went to look in Caiden's eyes and saw what I saw, my heart just sunk." She replied, "I can't give up hope, and I won't." the doctor replied, "No, I haven't given up hope either."

If God is for us, who can be against us? The battle rages on and God goes before us in VICTORY!

(You hear me saying that and I believe it, but still, my heart is struggling with the ultimate question of "Why?!")

No comments: