Friday, September 7, 2007

Settling In

You know, after living in the same house for 22 years of my life and the same bedroom for 20 years of my life, moving to a new house can be difficult to make your home. Well, today, I just realized how much I love my "new" home. I have lived in it for just about a year and a half now. It is finally starting to feel like my home. I've been doing a lot of remodeling this last year and a half and it's starting to look like my home... not the guy who used to live here. The colors on the walls are my choice. Two of my floors have been refinished. The landscaping is settling in and my front yard has finally died by my choice. Yeah, I'm starting over - tired of the ugly hodge-podge that is currently there. Time to start fresh. I'm also starting to imagine what I wat to decorate my walls with. I know that I want to do my own artwork. I fully intend to use my photographs that I have taken over the years. One picture in particular is the first sunset that we saw when we were in Jamaica. I would like to blow that one up to at least a 16 x 20 and hang it in my pumpkin orange bedroom facing my bed. So that every morning that I wake up, I see the beautiful sunset while all the amazing memories from Jamaica soar through my mind. Jamaica will always be apart of my life. It was indeed my first mission trip and one of the most phenomenal experiences I have ever had... but that takes us down a whole new avenue of discussion. I have a huge heart for people. New mission opportunities are already coming my way as God never ceases to amaze me as I look forward to those opportunities as well as settling nicely in my home.

4 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Amanda,
Come over and see my latest posts.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Amanda,
You have your own house? That's awesome! I'm glad to have my own apartment that I've been in for over six years now. You should definitely decorate with your own images, that's what I do ;)

The Toby Mac concert you went to sounded great! I've seen him once. I would love 10 of my closest friends to join me at a concert, but I'm really the biggest concert fan out of all my friends. Everyone else aren't quite as interested in the Live experience as I am it seems.

Glad you enjoyed the Night of Joy images so far. Stay tuned, cause I have some more of Brian and will be showing ones just as good that I captured of Jaci Velasquez!!!

Those particular images were taken with a Nikon coolpix 8800 which is not an actual "SLR", but has most of the capabilites and control that an SLR does. It features a 35-135mm zoom (10x) and is 8 megapixels. Some of my images on my blog were taken with an SLR. I get to use the one I picked out for my job, a Nikon D80. That thing is awesome, I intend on buying my own eventually. It's interesting, because there are things that the D80 is better at than the 8800, but there are advantages to my 8800 that the D80 can't do. So, I still enjoy the 8800 ;) and hey, it did pretty well at Night of Joy!

The cool thing is, I believe it all comes down to capturing a great image regardless of what equipment you're using. That's why I don't talk a whole lot about what equipment I'm using. I want my images to speak for themselves and not be judged by what equipment I do or do not have. There's about five different cameras represented throughout my Blog. Ranging from point and shoot film to SLR film and the same in digital. (I've been all digital for the last three years now).

Whew, that's a lot of words for this comment section ;)

You probably already know about these guys, but I'm listening to "Song of Hope" right now by this new band, check them out...
http://www.myspace.com/robbieseayband

Later,
Chad

Chad Oneil Myers said...

...Here's my 8800.
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/nikon/coolpix8800-review/index.shtml

It was the first Nikon digital camera to feature "VR" Vibration Reduction. One of the selling points that sold me on getting it two years ago. The ad said, "If rocksteady images matter, Vibration Reduction matters"...or something like that. They also referred to it as "Rocksteadyography" ;)

It's a great camera for sure and will always have a place in my equipment for some time to come.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Amanda,
Very cool! That one of Toby with the cool motion blur, gave him three legs!

...Those steaks looked good ;)