Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Jamaica, McFlurries, 2.72

Believe it or not, all those topics listed in the title are all related. We had our second team meeting for Jamaica last night. For those of you who don't know, I'm headed to Jamaica on a mission trip w/ WaYfm. We leave in June for 10 days to serve the poorest of the poor in Jamaica and we have meetings once a week as a team to prepare and bond. The second meeting went better than the first as we all had met at least once before and were much more comfortable with each other. We also broke into smaller groups and got to know each other even more and had some good girl bonding time. We are really starting to bond as a team. After the first meeting, I was kind of feeling a little lost b/c I didn't feel like I had a defined place on this team. That is d/t to the fact that there was going to be a medical part to this trip, but since I am the only nurse going on this trip, it makes it very hard to do anything medical. Usually they have a medical part of the trip, but no other nurses or docs signed up to go this year. But you know, God is good. He has a plan and I can already see it slowly unfolding. He is bringing me out of my comfort zone and slowly drawing me into this team. I have to say, it is so fun to watch God work before my very eyes. He never ceases to amaze me!

Bethany and I had a really good time last night - we are just getting to know each other as we are carpooling together for Jamaica. Last week when we headed down for our meeting (halfway b/t K-zoo and GR), John Balyo, George Moss, Bethany and I carpooled. But... this week, John and George are down in Nashville for GMA, so it was just Bethany and me traveling down for our meeting. We had so much fun bonding and getting to know each other better (she's 14 y/o and also Chris Lemke's daughter). She came over to my house after school, went grocery shopping w/ me, then she did her homework while I cleaned my disastrous looking home as I had not been home to clean since last week Friday, and then I made hamburgers on my George Foreman for her and I to relish. We then proceeded to head down to the church w/ Newsboys blaring thru my sunroof. After the meeting we HAD to stop for ice cream. Tried to get it from an ice cream shop but of course it was cash only. So we went to plan B and got McFlurries - my first one ever! I ordered the Reese's one and of course they were out. So I had the Hershey's Take 5 and that was AWESOME! I'm so glad they were out of Reese's so I had to try the Take 5! After we started digging into our McFlurries, I saw that there was one gas station that hadn't jacked it's gas prices up to 2.95/gallon yet, so we stopped and filled up. That was a God-send, b/c just as we finished filling up, they raised the price from 2.72/gallon to 2.95/gallon. Yeah, total God-send. I'm so grateful, b/c I needed to fill up and had already decided that I was going to wait till either: a) gas prices came down or b) I didn't have a choice. Fortunately, God provided plan c! God is good! He always provides for His children! Then we eventually made our way back to Beth's house - via an indirect route for sure, but we made it!

No comments: