Monday, April 30, 2007

Gotta luv rollerblades!

Alright so I'm sitting here at almost midnight eating dinner (bowl of cereal) b/c I was determined to go to my Jamaica meeting. Why? you ask... did the meeting go that late? No, I had to go to radiology for an x-ray, but I didn't want to go till after the mission trip meeting. Why do you need an xray? ...you may ask. Well, I decided to take one hard fall on my rollerblades. I split my chin open - which my doc stitched up before heading to the Jamaica meeting. I also had him check out my elbow/arm b/c it hurt to do just about anything w/ it. But, it only hurts when I move it in certain positions - o/w I'm fine... He said it warranted an xray, but that I could get the xray after the meeting. I was not going to tell him that the meeting was half way down to K-zoo and lasted till 8p. So off I went w/ JB and Beth. We had a good time! They kept making me laugh which was SO hard to do as I have bruised much of my right rib cage. My knee is swollen and bruised pretty good as well. So this is me venting my aches and pains while I eat my bowl of cereal for dinner. You know, when you hurt yourself, eating is the last thing you want to do. But I could tell my blood sugar was in the toilet... so eating at midnight is the answer :)

So my xray showed a right radial fracture in the elbow area. Fortunately for "big people" (aka adults) they don't have to cast it. I just have to immobilize it for a month in a sling and I can still work b/c the babies I care for fortunately don't weigh too much! Plus w/ no cast, I will still be able to care for them b/c I can scrub up to my elbows, etc... for infection control! Hooray! God works out all things for the good of those that love Him and obey His commands. Unfortunately, I won't be playing softball this summer as planned, but on the flip side, my arm should be healed by the time I leave for Jamaica! Yea!!!

Never a dull moment in my life!

1 comment:

Jack Haveman said...

Hey Kiddo!

Leave the rollerblades at home from now on and ride your bike! I am glad that nothing worse happened.

Your WCSG Dad