Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Story Continues w/ My Debut on the Radio...!

(Make sure you read the post, Where Do I Begin...? that was posted on Sunday, March 18, before reading this one as it precedes this one in story form...)

God is amazing. I have had a dream to do radio for quite some time. Yes, I love my job as a NICU RN and will continue as an RN, but that passion for radio has always been there. So guess what?! WaYfm's Sharathon week was my debut ONAIR on the radio! Brief though it was, I loved it nonetheless! Rich gave me an hour in phone central on Wednesday evening from 6-7p, and I loved it! The first break I was on, my hand holding the mic was just shaking. I was so nervous. I received a lot of positive feedback, so I started to relax and have a good time. That first night, I was in phone central w/ a youth group. That made it so easy b/c I could play them up and have fun w/ them. Besides, they wanted to be on the radio too! Since that hour went so well, I asked Rich if I could do it again. He just laughed, but the next day told me that I could ask someone if they would mind if I did their shift in phone central. Derek was kind enough to allow me to do his. Thanks, Derek! Again, it went quite well. I was on w/ Joe and John. Good times. Then came Friday morning. Rich asked me if I wanted to do his hour in phone central from 9-10a. Granted it was just after primetime, it was still a good time to be on nonetheless! Way too cool. Then that afternoon, Rich scheduled me for the 3-4p hour with him, Rick and Joe on. Let's just say, I love doing radio! It went very well and we had a good time. God is good. I told a few of my good friends at work that weekend that I made my debut on the radio and they were very supportive of me. They thought it was very cool. One of my friends (who has daughters my age), thinks it is amazing what God is doing in my life. To be able to make an impact as an RN and also with radio...what a ministry. I have prayed many times for God to expand my territory beyond what I can see. He has and continues to do so. I give Him all praise, honor and glory. I have a passion for my generation to be reached with the Gospel of Christ. If that means as an RN, thru radio - whether onair or supporting onair staff behind the scenes, in the mission field as I'm planning to go to Jamaica with WaYfm this summer, and any other way that God has in mind, I'm open and willing to be used.

God use me. Expand my territory beyond what I see, b/c You never cease to amaze me.


No comments: