Sunday, May 20, 2007

Roommates... Will we be able to stand each other?

Yes, 'tis true. I now have roommates. Will we be able to handle each other? I'm not used to sharing my space... If not, then they will have to go. :) Fortunately, they don't eat much, and they don't take up too much space. Only about the size of 10 gallons. Plus their smell is contained in their room. Yes, the first live thing (besides me) has just moved into my house and is currently residing w/ me for a little longer than a visit. More like two and a half weeks. Like I said, if we can't stand each other, they CAN be flushed ;) If you haven't guessed it yet... yes, there are about 4 fish and 8 snails currently under my care. Will they survive? Nobody knows... I can care for the smallest of babies, but can I keep 4 fish and 8 snails alive for about 2 and a half weeks? Survival of the fittest :) I think the snails will survive as they tend to multiply quite readily. How many snails do you think there will be by the end of the two and a half weeks? How many fish will there be by the end of the two and a half weeks? If the fish multiply... Ha! I'm doing very well then ;) Don't count on it though...

Ugh... just got done w/ three 12 hour shifts in a row. I don't recommend it. I can hardly keep my eyes open, let alone have brain function. Let's just say that tomorrow will be a brain freeze day where I don't do much of anything but sleep, chill out, sleep, and oh yeah, chill some more :D I do have the mission trip meeting that night, but the rest of the day... Oh yeah, chill out and sleep :P Hopefully my brain will be up for functioning for the meeting, but if not... my utmost apologies ahead of time!

I'm so excited though! Rich Anderson (WaYfm morning show co-host) is now going to Jamaica with us!! Three of my friends from WaYfm are now going on this mission trip... George Moss, John Balyo and Rich Anderson. Plus my friend Beth is going as well. This trip is going to rock! Please pray for us as we continue to plan our ministry work... We have just 3 weeks till we leave! Time is FLYING!! My biggest fear is that the trip is going to come and go so fast and be done before we know it... But God is good. He works all things together for the good of those who love Him. Please also pray that the funds for the trip will come in for our team as it's coming in very slowly at this point in time. We have about half of what we currently need... But I will say it again: God is good. He works all things together for the good of those who love Him and serve His commands.

So PRAY on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just finished checking out the banner on the WCSG website...it looks great! My prayers are with the fish :)

Amanda said...

Thanks Kristin! Good times making it too :) All four fish are still alive and the snails have more than doubled in number...