Sunday, June 3, 2007

Less than 7 days!

The official countdown begins... Less than 7 days till we leave for Jamaica!!!

So what are my roles on the team you may ask? I have just a few ;) I'm the official nurse (or only nurse) and will be in charge of the team's meds (yikes, don't think that will include Versed... sorry to he who requested ;) ) and aiding in any injuries incurred along the way - you should see my arsenal of bandages and wound care! I'm fairly well stocked - just need Rich to buy the first aid kit :) I'm also in charge of the bubbles (yes! ...lol...). I'm on the music team, and I also have a role on the puppet team - puppets lip syncing to music - I picked out the music for it and am also a puppet :). My favorite puppet is a li'l boy who looks like a carrot :D. Oh, and I'm also in charge of the blog for WaYfm -> be sure to check it out starting June 10th at www.WaY.fm! I will be updating it at least daily with pics!!

Yeah, I guess you could say I have a few key roles on this team :) Some that came to me very recently - as in last week. I gotta tell ya, when I first started going to team meetings nine weeks ago and after finding out that there was no medical part to this trip, I felt very lost - wondering what my role would be on this team. I didn't feel as though there was a place for me since the parts that were emphasized (music and drama) were my weaknesses. But I chose to trust God's guidance that He placed me on this team for a reason. There were several nights that I went home saying to God, "I don't know what my role on this team is, but I'm trusting in You. You placed me on this team for a reason. I'm looking to You to show that to me." Initially I thought I'd join the drama team, but after 2 weeks realized this wasn't where God wanted me. I had several ideas for the music team and therefore God laid on my heart to join the music team. I hesitated at first b/c singing was never a real strong point for me, but as I've listened to music all the time for the last 6-7 years, this part of my brain has become more strongly developed and God has blessed me w/ a stronger singing voice. Though far from perfect, He is challenging me in my faith to rely on Him in this area. And I feel at home on this team and love it!! As I started to follow God's guidance and stepping out in faith, I shared my testimony and watched as that opened a whole new world for me on this team. My teammates have embraced me, and we are becoming a close-knit family. God then continued to open my eyes and provide key roles for me - leadership roles I had been longing for - but He wasn't willing to give them to me till I completely surrendered to His will and followed His lead. Once I was willing to follow, He gave me leadership roles. It has taken 8 weeks to get to this point - yes, 2 months! - but it's a journey that I would not have any other way as I've learned a lot along the way. You know, I love learning from God and watching Him work before my very eyes! God is good and never ceases to amaze me.

Would you pray for us? Please pray for us as we lay down the final plans for the trip and prepare to leave Sunday morning at 4:30AM!! Thank a bunch! I will keep ya posted via WaYfm's Jamaica 2007 Team Blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your trip sounds so awesome...I can't wait to hear about it. And, of course, I'll be praying!

Chad Oneil Myers said...

That guy, "Dave Cruse" that's with Mark is from the radio station down here in central Florida called "the Joyfm". I've heard Dave's voice a lot.