Monday, October 27, 2008

Can God Change His Mind?

Would He be God if He couldn't? Can we change God's mind? Didn't Moses change God's mind several (I mean MANY) times when He wanted to wipe the Israelites off the face of the earth after ALL the times they rebelled and turned their backs on God?

If God can change His mind, then can He lead us down one path, but then change our direction entirely and lead us down another path... as if He changed His mind?

My thoughts? Heck yeah, He can. Why not? God is God. There is no sin in Him and there is certainly no sin in changing your mind. There can be more than one right path for your life. It's truly your choice as to which path to go down - it's called free will. God, if you allow Him to, will guide you down the right path but the right path could be a choice as He can truly use you in multiple ways in multiple situations. He's GOD. Why couldn't He? Some of us worry and fret about making the right decisions for our lives. I know do too! What career should I follow? What school should I go to? Or should I even be in school? Where should I live? Who should I call my friends? Why do I worry? It's crazy because in reality, if done for the sole purpose of bringing glory to GOD's Name and not your own, His Name will be glorified in whatever path you choose to go down. He's GOD. He can use you in so many ways wherever you are.

For me, it was a choice of continuing on in grad school or being content as a registered nurse...

I guess my biggest news, if you haven't been up on the rumor mill, is that I'm not in school anymore. I decided to pull out after a month of intense studying and working. I was taking 13 credits and it was putting me over the edge. I attempted to cut back to part time but by then, I had had enough and the passion was just lost. I enjoyed what I was learning and was doing well, but it was so intense. I also really started to re-analyze what a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP) does, and mas o menos changed my mind about wanting to do that. The biggest thing that was the main deciding factor was that Spectrum Health was no longer hiring NNPs which would mean I would have to move out of state in order to get a job. Add to that a $40,000+ debt in this economy, it just didn't seem wise anymore - especially in Michigan. I'm settled in Michigan. I have an awesome job, along with my house and my family and friends close by. I have no desire to pick up my entire life by myself, leave all my family and friends behind, and start over alone. This world is too lonely and dark for that :( I love my job, my colleagues, the families I work with - especially the babies - as well as the intense A.D.D. environment I work in. Our unit is definitely one of the top and most advanced in the nation. It's amazing to learn how far ahead we are compared to many of the other NICUs!!

You may ask as one of my friends has asked me... What now?

I have no regrets for the path I have taken as so many amazing things happened the two times I was down in Nashville. I honestly believe it was God driven. He used me in the path I had taken and then completely changed my direction - it was a true 180. I am at peace with my path change. I believe God was at the helm of it and still is. My life has slowed way down and I'm enjoying it. I'm delving into God's Word more now than ever. I'm spending time with my family more now than ever. I'm spending real time with my family and friends, loving them and encouraging them in their walks with God - more now than ever. I LOVE this new assignment from God... Is it a cake walk? Definitely not!! There are many times where I wonder, God what are you doing? I'm not used to being "not busy". I need to be doing something, going somewhere... But, He's slowed me down for a reason and I'm learning to enjoy it and use it for His glory.

My work as a registered nurse in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit will continue. My place is at the bedside providing intense care for extremely sick babies. I LOVE working there. I love my colleagues, our docs, NNPs, office staff. I wouldn't trade my job for the world. I have been there since the day I graduated with from college - 3 1/2+ years - and I have no intention to leave. Here's to our neo team - those of you on Facebook and those of you who are not :)

Mission work!! I have a HUGE passion for mission work and caring for the least of these - especially orphans. I am seeking God's guidance and patiently waiting on Him to guide me in this area. It's just a matter of time. There are several areas that I am interested in but am choosing to wait on God's timing, guidance and direction ~ truly the safest place to be is in His arms awaiting His direction and assignment :) I love it when duty calls! It's an honor to be used by Him. His assignments are what make this life truly worth living for - no matter how difficult it is... <3

No comments: