Monday, August 4, 2008

Living Out My Dreams for Such a Time as This

It's going to happen. I'm going for it. I'm living out one of my wildest dreams (I have several more that are in the making right now!). The last week of August is almost here. The homework assignments are starting to roll in but you know what? I'M LOVING IT!! "I thought you were done with school," some might be saying. I thought so too. After I graduated with my bachelors of nursing three and half years ago, my mom excitedly said to me, "You're done forever with school!" But, I knew in the back of my mind that I wasn't done. Even though I fought it for three years, I knew I wanted to go back. I want to learn so much more about the neonate. It fascinates me (about as much fascination as I have about the end times).

And where am I going? To Nashville! Vanderbilt University to be exact. Don't get me wrong, I'm not moving there as the entire program is online BUT I do get to go down there six times for the year long program. YES!! My first trip down for classes and orientation is the last week of this month and it's for a whole week! I'm soooo excited!! And I have a few friends down there that I hope to connect with which will be suhweet to see them. Can you tell I'm missin' Nashville right now? I went down there back in April with several really good friends and had SO much fun. Chris (aka. my adopted dad), Beth, Jordan, and George. One of the best trips I've ever been on. LOVE YOU GUYS!!

What am I going to school for? My masters degree to become a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner. I almost didn't make it b/c I almost quit when I realized how in depth study the GREs were. I never want to see that test EVER again. Ugh...

God never ceases to amaze me though. He has put the right people in my life at just the right time to encourage and support me to go for my dreams. He has also widely opened the doors of opportunity to make a difference in this world. Through my career as an RN in the Neonatal ICU, through cross-cultural mission trips, through my family and friends, through my beloved Bible study group, and in my very own neighborhood. I love people and being with them. I love listening to them and helping them in life. Loving people is one of my biggest passions in life. Christ needs to be first as I follow His leading...

Following Christ is one of the best ways to live b/c I've been on so many wild and crazy trips lately... but you know what? That's what makes life SO much fun! When Christ is living in and through you, you are truly living life to the fullest as He takes you on wild and crazy rides to impact a world in need of a Saviour.

Stay tuned... More to come! (...wow, I miss blogging... more can be found here: www.WaY.fm/connect/missons)

1 comment:

Tiffany Evans said...

Amanda,

Just came across your site and thought I would share a link to our organization.

Enjoyed reading!
Tiffany
www.untiljourneysend.org