Tuesday, July 24, 2007

16 hours

You never really know how long 16 hours is until you work it... This past Saturday and Sunday, I was on delivery/admission. Basically, that means that I go down with the rest of the neonatal team to each delivery where there is potential for the baby to need medical help after birth. I went down for four births all weekend and left each one with his/her mother. That was pretty cool b/c there were a couple we initially thought would be coming back with us but each time we left 'em down with mom - including the one after a crash C-section. I prayed silently before each delivery and each time we thought this kiddo might be coming back with us, he/she came out crying and we could leave 'em with mom. Good times. God is good.

All in all it was a good weekend :) Even the 16 hour shift... I put my order in for a good assignment so I could use a little less brain power while I cared for each baby - they were all good eaters and a good assignment for hours 13-16.


More from Jamaica... This was my first time ever stepping foot in an orphanage...







No comments: