Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!





This was definitely one of the best Thanksgivings I have ever had. My mom had everybody over - my aunt and uncle, four of my cousins and 3 of my second cousins - which are ages 5 y/o to 6 mos; as well as my grandma and my immediate family. It was such a good time, especially since we hardly get to see them. We ate, then played card games for probably 4 hours straight and ate some more. Good times.

Found out my 13 y/o cousin is following in her mom's footsteps (as well as mine) at playing volleyball. She's setter and also hitter, and from what I hear, has a nice serve as well. Hooray! ...someone after my own heart :). I can't wait to go to her games!

Then I saw how great my dad is w/ kids. He was entertaining my cousin's 5 y/o son so well. They were best buddies for a while. It was so cute and fun just watching them together. I said to my mom, "You guys need to have more kids." She said back to me, "No, we need grandkids..." Man, if that doesn't put the pressure on... :0 Oh well, guess she will just have to keep waiting b/c I don't see any prospects... :( Where are the guys these days anyway? I think God is teaching me to let Him fill that void in my life...

Anyway, I posted a couple pics from today. Good times!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Always amazing how family can add sooo much pressure to find "Mr. Right" when I think they seem to forget that God is working and at this season in life we are better because we do not have someone. We have lessons to learn and life to live as a single person. Never wish this season away, because whose to say that you won't wish away other parts of your life as well.
For every time there is a season....